Re: System defaults: user enviroment

  Manuel> Hello,

  Manuel> I would like to know where the default user enviroment is
  Manuel> configured.

What do you mean with environment ? If you're talking about
environment variables, they are usually set in .bashrc or
.bash_profile (assuming your shell is bash). You can put some default
files in /etc/skeleton which will be copied in user's home directory
when you create a new user with adduser. I recommand that you put
default settings in /etc/environment and that you source it in .bashrc
and .bash_profile.

--
Laurent Martelli
martelli@iie.cnam.fr