Re: light spreadsheet for stable?

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 01:18:41PM -0500, Richard E. Hawkins wrote:

> I need to find as light as possible a spreadsheet that still works
> reasonably will for stable.  I'll recall Thumper's daddy's advice, and
> not say anything at all about oleo and siag.  Staroffice 5 in 16mb is
> out of the question, an gnumeric seems to want gnome, which suggest
> that it too will suck resources.
>
> I really only need this for grades (so I need the elementary lookup
> functions), and to hold/sort data to dump for mail-merge.  But it needs
> to play nicely with other applications on a 16mb system (And I'll leave
> aside the issue of issuing faculty 16mb P120's . . . :)

Package: sc
 This is a much modified version of the public domain spread sheet sc,
 which was posted to Usenet several years ago by Mark Weiser as vc,
 originally by James Gosling. It is based on rectangular table much
 like a financial spreadsheet.

And if you're a vi user, you'll love the keystroke navigation.  ;->
--
What's All the Buzz About Linux?                    L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\