Re: time conversions

*- On  3 Sep, Chad A. Adlawan wrote about "time conversions"
> hello everyone !!!
>   this is a non-debian specific question and i hope ull bear w/ me on this ...
[long line wrapped]
>   can someone suggest to me any nice documents re converting time for major
    timezones ?  UTC, PDT, PST (whatever those are), GMT, PHT (my timezone,
    the only one i know) ...
>   thanks a lot ...

UTC = universal coordinate time(English translation of French
      abbreviation)
    = GMT = Greenwich mean time
PDT = UTC - 7 = Pacific daylight time (west coast of USA in summer)
PST = UTC - 8 = Pacific standard time (west coast of USA in winter)
PHT = UTC + 8 = Philippines(Asia/Manila)

A quick search on google.com turned up the following.

There is a decent map at
http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/tzones.html as well as conversion tools.

And a pretty thorough conversion tools at
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/,
http://www-atp.llnl.gov/atp/tzconvert.cgi.

I couldn't find any list of all 3 letter timezone abbreviations, I
think they are non-standard sometimes.

HTH,
--
Brian