Re: more net install

----- Original Message -----
From: Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@ualberta.ca>
To: Ron Stordahl <ron.stordahl@mailhub.digikey.com>
Cc: <hmf@softhome.net>; <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Friday, September 03, 1999 12:21 AM
Subject: Re: more net install

:
: On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Ron Stordahl wrote:
:
: > I had exactly the same problem, yet I knew my network connection was
: > working, and I could go to another machine (MS Explorer/Win98) and get
: > those http addresses just fine.  I asked our network guy and he said the
: > problem was that our proxy server was in the way, that I should try ftp
: > instead of http, but it that didn't work he would remove my address from
: > being intercepted by the proxy server.
:
: Do you just need to specify the proxy server address? Something like
:
: export http_proxy="http://myproxy:3128/";
: apt-get ...
:
: Jason
:
:
Jason: I was running 'apt' from dselect where it asks you for network
addresses to get the downloads from.  Arn't you trying to install Debian
using the 2 binary CD's?  If you do that I don't see where the opportunity
to enter what you suggest will present itself.  Maybe we are talking about 2
different things.

Ron