Re: "import"ing screenshots?

On Sat, Sep 04, 1999 at 01:19:25AM -0400, Harlan Crystal wrote:

> I recently reinstalled my debian system, and the command which i had
> been using to take screenshots ("import thepicture.jpg") no longer
> works.  I seemed to remember that import was associated with "xv" or
> "imlib" but I have both installed and "import" still doesn't work.
> Does anyone know how I could enable Import or some type of screenshot
> taking utility?  I'm running all off the newest upgraded unstable with
> kernel 2.2.12.

What you're after is imagemagick.

Just watch out not to install libmagick4g-lzw, since that will break
imagemagick (I don't think the maintainer has fixed it yet). Use the
non-LZW one instead.

Have fun.
--
[   Matthew Gregan   ]                  [ crash.ihug.co.nz/~kinetik ]
[ kinetik@ihug.co.nz ]                  [ PGP key ID: 2048/D1B2FF49 ]