Re: hard disks more than 8gb

Daniel Barclay said:
> > From: Kenneth Scharf <scharkalvin@yahoo.com>
> > ....  Fdisk reported my 17.2 maxtor (which the bios
> > sizes as about 16.8gb, so maxtor lies a little).
>
> Why are so many computer users so ignorant of international
> standards?

What do international standards have to do with it?  I doubt that this is
due to one source using G = 10^9 and the other using G = 2^30; any disk
loses some of its (theoretical) capacity when formatted because the
format itself is data and uses some of that capacity.  'Losing' 0.4G out
of a 17G drive sounds about right.