Re: efax package

kryder71@maine.edu (Kenneth F. Ryder III) writes:

> I just installed the E-fax package , but the man pages are missing, the
> 2 .gz files in /usr/doc/efax talk about extensive help in the man pages..
> any one know what happened? (I am using Debian 2.0.2 cds)

You are possibly using an outdated package?  No problem here:

--------------- snip -----------------
[pseelig]~ > man efax

EFAX(1)                                                   EFAX(1)

NAME
       efax - send/receive faxes using Class 1 or 2 fax modems

SYNOPSIS
       efax [ options ] [ -t num [ file... ] ]

OPTIONS
       Where options are:
--------------- snip -----------------

This is the version i use (from slink):

[pseelig]~ > dpkg -s efax
Package: efax
 efax is a small ANSI C/POSIX program that provides the data transport
 function for fax applications using any Class 1 or Class 2 fax modem.
 Another program, efix, converts between fax, text, bit-map and gray-scale
 formats. fax, a shell script, provides a simple user interface to the efax
 and efix programs. It allows you to send text or Postscript files as faxes
 and receive, print or preview received faxes.
 .
 You need ghostscript to fax Postscript files. To preview faxes, you need
 a PGM file viewer such as xloadimage.
 .
 Note that you probably have to adapt /etc/efax.rc to your needs.