Re: Unidentified subject!

All, and lonelyforever

I wrote:
> Repeated, canned message regarding this subjet:
>
> Please send mail to debian-user-digest@lists.debian.org
                                  ^^^^^^
Dang. Too early in the AM Sorry. I keep a generic file on
(un)subscribe. Clearly I edited the following line in my sleep.

Please please make that

> Repeated, canned message regarding this subjet:
>
> Please send mail to debian-user-digest-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
                                         ^^^^^^^
Besides this, I was not as nice I want to be with folks entering
and leaving the list.

Apologies proffered.

--David

On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, David Teague wrote:

> On 8 Sep 1999 lonelyforever@263.net wrote:
>
> > unsubscribe
>
> I sent the enclosed canned message to you in response
> to this request before. I iterate:
>
> Please send requests for subscription/unsubscription to
>
> 	debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
>
> or use the web site
> 	www.debian.org
>
> Repeated, canned message regarding this subjet:
>
> Please send mail to debian-user-digest@lists.debian.org
>                                 ^^^^^^
> with unsubscribe as the only word in the subject, and with empty
> body or with unsubscribe as the only word in the body, and with
> empty subject.  This one line, issued at the command prompt,

> ought to do it.
>
> If you need to contact a human listmaster, direct your mail to
> listmaster@debian.org or listmaster@va.debian.org  There are two
> machines in case one is off line.
>
> Please don't send unsubscribe messages to the list, that doesn't
> work. Best of Luck to you!

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I'm hoping this is all of the above!)