Re: Printing *should* work...

Hi Ray,

This may be a stab in the dark, but I once had a similar problem.
After each bootup, I could not print untill I had done a

dpkg -i lpr_whatever.deb

For some reason, simply restarting the lpr daemon did not seem to get
printing to work (yes, I know that sounds very hard to believe).
Unfortunately I cannot remember what I did to solve the problem and
just assumed that I had broken things by playing around with the
system.

Maybe you could try the lprng package in extra (I am using that now
actually).

HTH

Mark