Re: ACER CD-RW's

Not to nitpick here, but the kernel is the OS.
Anyhow, ide CD recordes and re-writables are well supported under
Linux.

Now, following the directions in the CD-Writing HOWTO didn't
completely work for me. Follow the directions in the CD-Writing HOWTO
*EXCEPT* build scsi-generic support into the kernel, NOT as a module.

Once I did that, and followed the rest of the directions in the HOWTO,
it worked like a charm.  Write back if it still doesn't work, and I
will give step-by-step instructions.

Bryan