Re: Debianizers

> I was wondering whether there is a group of people out there that just go
> around debianizing programs.

There's about 400 of us.  We call ourselves Debian developers.

> What goes into the making of .deb packages?

Install and read 'developers-reference'.  You might also want to install
and read 'debian-policy' and install 'dpkg-dev'.  The latter contains
everything you'll need to build packages.  While only developers can put
packages into the Debian archive anyone can build and distribute packages.

> And are there ramifications for makeing .debs out off commercial
> packages...

None that wouldn't apply to any method of packaging.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)