Re: mail and security

Nope -- that is the locate program updating the list of files on your
harddrive. If you don't like this, you can uninstall locate, but I suggest
you just start to like it instead. :)

Which reminds me -- why does debian still use the gnu locate, rather than
slocate (secure locate) -- it will only show files that the user has the
ability to see -- root sees all files, and normal users see all the files
they have access to seeing.

I suppose, if I like it enough (which I do :) I should just debianize it and
maybe after a year or so, suggest it replace gnu locate.

:)