Re: dselect error

Andrew Hately wrote:

> Kenneth Litko <litkken@charlie.cns.iit.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I keep getting this error from dselect
> > and it is driving me nuts.  Here's
> > the error:
> >
> > > internal error - no filename at -e line 12, <P> chunk 13
> > >
> > > installation script returned error status 1.
> > > Press RETURN to continue.
>
> Me too, except I get it at chunk 28.

More:

Its the file /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/disk/install that is breaking about line
12 of some inlined perl.
The problem seems to be with a file /var/lib/dpkg/predep-package (something
like that, I left my notes at home).
If you simply find the .deb mentioned in predep-package, install it manually
with
# dpkg -i blah_blah_blah.1_2.3.deb
then delete /var/lib/dpkg/predep-package.
Dselect's Install method should work after that.
I had this stall for a few different packages; exact names on a piece of
paper at home, I'm afraid.
Full report tomorrow.
Andrew