Printing (kernel 2.2.10)

Hi, All,

     I'm running potato here at work.  The stock kernel-image 2.2.10
works fine and prints properly.  I compiled a custom kernel in order to
use the soundcard.  Sound now works but printing doesn't.  (I did select
printing support when running make xconfig).  On booting I get this
message:

lp: driver loaded but no devices found

ls -l /dev/lp* shows:
crw-rw----   1 root     lp         6,   0 Jul 20  1998 /dev/lp0
crw-rw----   1 root     lp         6,   1 Jul 20  1998 /dev/lp1
crw-rw----   1 root     lp         6,   2 Jul 20  1998 /dev/lp2
crw-rw----   1 root     lp         6,   3 Jul 20  1998 /dev/lp3

I tried specifying a parport=0x378 at the lilo boot prompt with no effect.

What else is necessary to get printing to work:

-Chris

--
|   Christopher D. Judd, Ph.D.                                           |