Re: New Slink Install - X Problem (Oops)

Try this again:

After a Slink install, trying to get X going

I ran XF86Setup OK.  But when I ran "startx", I received a
"X: cannot read security setting from /etc/X11/Xserver"

So in /etc/X11/Xserver,  I add an entry for
"/etc/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy"

Now when I run startx, it's "X: you are not authorised to run the X server".

What gives?  Oh yeah, If  I run xdm, I get the standard login dialog, but it
won't allow me to login.

Any ideas?  Please cc to me as well as list.

Thanks,

Joe Stewart