Re: Sound Apps only work as root??

Andrew Hately wrote:

> John Foster wrote:
> >
> > Sorry folks I mean the apps do not work. Sound is fine. The applications
> > do not work either from xterm or from Ice-wm running Gnome. They are on
> > the menus but nothing happens when I click on them.
>
> Did you make /dev/dsp* /dev/sequencer* /dev/mixer* /dev/midi* etc all usable
> by the right groups and users are you last rebuilt the kernel?
>
> Andrew
 I think so. I did "chmod a+rw /dev/dsp* /dev/audio* /dev/miver*
/dev/midi*  "
I did not do /dev/sequencer ( didnot see it listed).
I know that altered the /etc/group file correctly as I checked it. What
about the users, did this not alter them also since it changed the
groups? Thanks!

--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems