sound card setup (newbie)

Greetings!

New to debian (fairly new to Linux actually), and having a lot of fun
learning my way around. I have to say that I love your packaging system,
dselect, etc. I have successfully installed debian and kde and aside from a
few problems things seem to be working beautifully.

My question is regarding sound card setup. With RedHat there was a sndconfig
(or something like that) that automatically detected my Ensoniq ES1371.
However, I cannot find a like utility in Debian. I can't find anything in
modconf, and I'm not sure where else to look. Any suggestions?

Charles Lewis, Director of Administrative Computing
Southwestern Adventist University, Keene, TX
(817)556-4720  lewisc@swau.edu  FAX (360)397-7952