Re: Floppy light stays perpetually on.

Thanks for the replies!

> That usually means the drives ribbon cable is backwards.  make sure
> the red side of the ribbon is aligned with pin one on both ends.

I switched the cable round and now it works!  Thanks!

My box is so cramped, with the floppy stuck between two hard drives,
that you can't see which is pin 1.  But on all the hard drives, pin 1
seems to be towards the middle of the drive, so I presumed the same
must be true for the floppy.  Not so it would seem.  Pin 1 is at the
edge for floppies --- unless the cable is plugged into the motherboard
the wrong way round, but I don't think so?  Hmm???  Anyway, it works
now which is the main thing.

Thanks,

Mark.