Re: ip-up.d

> I am having a problem using /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ to start fetchmail when I
> use pon to connect. there is a script in there that wil start fetchmail
> for me as desired via command line. yet fetchmail still won't start on
> it's own when I connect to my ISP.

Post the name of the script, the permissions, and the script itself.

Here is mine:

-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root           63 May 27 19:27 fetchmail

#!/bin/sh
rm  -f /var/spool/smail/retry/smtp/*
fetch-mail
runq

Here is the script 'fetch-mail':

#!/bin/sh
su postman -c "fetchmail -v"

The user 'postman' exists solely to handle mail and has a home directory
set up to push mail through mailagent, which forwards it appropriately.
john@dhh.gt.org            Do with it what you will.