Re: X for Win95

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 09:16, Jon Hughes wrote:

> I've been working on my Linux box here at work from my windows computer
> (easier to telnet into rather then move around and stuff).  This is fine and
> dandy, but I've been told there is a way you can actually get the X
> server/KDE stuff to work remotly, through a Xwindow on Win95 or something
> like that.

It's not free, but seems to work well -- XWinPro

http://www.labf.com/

You can download the real thing as a demo that times out after 30
minutes (and you can run it over and over, etc.). Send 'em $99 and
they'll send you a license key.

There are free alternatives, but I know about this because it's being
provided by a contractor to run a Linux- (and X-) based application on
Windoze desktops. I have confidence that the contractor has done his
research and that XWinPro is a solid package.

Luck,
Pann
--
geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\