re: Unstable package list at ftp.debian.org is bad

I fixed this problem by doing the apt-get update as normal, editing the offending file to fix the optionnal lines, and then running dpkg --merge-avail <name of deb package file> just don't redo apt-get update until the archive is fixed or you will have to perform the above
steps again.

Todd

At 12:47 PM 9/30/1999 +0200, Marcus Johansson wrote:

> ( two occurrences of optionnal changed to optional) and rerunning
> apt-get update, the file is downloaded again and I am where I started.

Try:

# apt-get check

That might fix the problem, not sure.

/Marcus