Re: dual celeron m/b

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Kam Yee Lo wrote:

> Just curious about Debian running dual celeron with better FPU? I'm
> thinking of  installing Debian on dual celeron for CAD. Is dual celeron
> 500mhz faster than Pentium III 500mhz? I want good debian linux and
> cheap dual celeron :)
>
> Anyone have dual celeron AbIT motherboard?

I bought one of these board one month ago and it performs very well. I do
not think that a dual celeron system will be faster than a dual PIII,
celerons have less cache at more speed and a slower bus frequency than
PIII, on the other end, 128Kb of L2 cache at processor speed are enough
for common applications. I think that the differences between the systems
will be more evident if you try to use your dual celeron as a server.

If you like to live on the edge, you may want to buy slower celron (400,
466) and overclock them. Celeron are fairly overclockable and if you do
not exceed with overclock are rock solid.

Paolo