Re: Sun classic

Ben Collins wrote:
> IMO, the Debian install is a lot simpler. As I said Debian supports what the
> kernel supports, which is any sun4c, sun4m, and sun4d (we also support sun4u,
> ultrasparc, with the proper kernel). SPARC Classic is a sun4c, the same cpu

Excellent, so basically I can install Debian on my Sun.
BTW, uname -a says that the machine is sun4m; what kind of Sun is that?
LX? There's no letter printed at the front panel of the machine. I said
"classic", but actually it was a wild guess.

> type of the SPARC Station 1 that I have been running Debian on succesfully
> (including the latest unstable version of Debian, potato).

Is there any ftp site that I can download the Debian for Sun kernel
file? I don't have the CDs yet, but I'd like to boot the machine using
Debian and see how the procedure goes.

Oki