samba problems (was: Re: Serial conn. to WIN (success!) - thanks)

Hello!

Now, the further problems: I hope perhaps someone can send me some
suggestions about this 'cause I have read the smb.conf manpage thoroughly
and don't know what to do (although I said I was probably able to solve
this).

I'm using a ip connection over slip (serial cable direct) from a WIN 95b box
to slink. I can also mount my win services (smbmount), no problem. And I can
use the samba supplied services on the win box. But, the problem is that win
doesn't find any computer in the Network Neighbourhood and claims it can't
be browsed. If I Run >>//computername/resource" in win, I can see the
resource, and then, if I press the "change to upper dir" button (don't know
what it's called in English WIN vers), I get, after some time connected,
the workgroup in the window, and then, after a second click I reach the
network neighbourhood and then --- the computername is shown
CORRECTLY!!!

I really don't know what causes this behaviour, and so I'm sending you the
smb.conf as well as the dialup.dun file with this mail. I'm using Samba
2.0.5 or so.

Sometimes it also says that the groupname "workgroup" cannot be found,
although I've configured both boxes to be in that group.

Thanks for any help,
Kind Regards,

Stephan Hachinger