potato acroread won't run

Hi,

I just installed the acroread package from unstable by using
apt-get. Now, when I try to run acroread, I see these warnings and
errors:

	Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
	Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
	Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
	Fatal System Error: Raise at top of Exception Stack
	Aborted

I couldn't find anything in /usr/doc/acroread to help me figure out
what's going wrong.

Trying to make sense of the warnings, I checked to see that I had the
locales package installed, which I do (version 2.1.2-5). Now, I'm out
of ideas. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Michael