potato: procps and bsdutils conflict?

I was just upgrading my potato system, and apt-get stopped when processing
bsdutils. There was an error message from dpkg:

dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/bsdutils_1%3a2.9w-3.1_i386.deb
(--unpack):
 trying to overwrite `/bin/kill', which is also in package procps
 /var/cache/apt/archives/bsdutils_1%3a2.9w-3.1_i386.deb

I managed to fix this by (forcibly) uninstalling procps, using `dpkg --remove
--force-depends', and then `apt-get install bsdutils' followed by `apt-get
install procps'. Everything seems to be OK after this...

However, I was just wondering, is it really the case that both bsdutils and
procps contains the program /bin/kill? Are they the same, or are they
different versions? Is the alternatives mechanisms in place for /bin/kill?
Apparently there's some problem with both packages containing the same file?

Also, the weird thing is, `dpkg -S /bin/kill' only turns up procps, not
bsdutils. And also, *both* packages have the man1/kill.1.gz manpage file
-- one in /usr/man/ another in /usr/share/man/. Hmmm, interesting, which
manpage gets displayed for /bin/kill then??? Are these two manpages supposed
to coexist??

This does sound like a problem with these two packages... only I'm not quite
sure for which package I should file a bug report.