RE: Can't print to remote printer

> I'm stumped.
>
> I'm trying to print to a remote printer (don't have a local one), and
> everything looks right according to the howtos &tc. Here's my printcap:
>
> # REMOTE HP4
> lp|hp4:\
>         :sd=/var/spool/lpd/hp4-raw:\
>         :rm=1<the ip address of my printer>:\
>         :rp=<the name of my printer as it shows on the printer's
> configuration printout>:\
>         :lp=/dev/null:\
>         :sh:

If it is an hp network interface (i forget the name,
jet direct or netdirect or something like that) then
you have to use "raw" or "text" for the rp= parameter.
I think the printers config printout shows you the
system name for the interface card, not the print
queue name.  Let me know if this works.

jim

  <snip>