Re: Framebuffer console 'Invalid Mode'

On Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 07:10:00PM -0600, markzimm@rmi.net wrote:
> I have a matrox g400 card and I have tried both the matrox mode and the
> vesa mode.  I am running kernel 2.2.12.
[snip]
> 	append = "video=matrox:vesa:440"
I have a mystique, and because I didn't like the refreshrate and
resolutions of the vesa modes I use this in my lilo.conf:

        append="video=matrox:xres:900,yres:650,depth:8,pixclock:17000"

I have the matrox framebuffer drivers, not the standard svga drivers. I
assume you have that too.

>From make menuconfig:
  | |       [*] VGA text console                                          |
  | |       [*] Video mode selection support                              |
  | |       < > MDA text console (dual-headed) (EXPERIMENTAL)             |
  | |       [*] Support for frame buffer devices (EXPERIMENTAL)           |
  | |       [ ] Permedia2 support (experimental)                          |
  | |       [ ] VESA VGA graphics console                                 |
  | |       [ ] VGA 16-color graphics console                             |
  | |       <*> Matrox acceleration                                       |
  | |       [ ]   Millennium I/II support                                 |
  | |       [*]   Mystique support                                        |
  | |       [ ]   G100/G200 support                                       |
  | |       [ ]   Multihead support

HTH,

Wouter