Re: begging for help, PCMCIA-SCSI-CDROM - I am close, but no cigar :(

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, John Miskinis wrote:

> I am trying to get my JVC XR-W2040 CDROM drive to work under
> debian linux as my other CDROM is very flaky even when it is
> sometimes seen at bootup. I think I am EXTREMELY close, and
> would really appreciated any help.  I have been studying the
> PCMCIA-Howto, but can't get any farther on my own.  I even
> re-installed 2.1 debian last night, to erase previous attempts
> and start clean.

Hey, debian linux is not windows ;-)

> [...]

> I have included much information in this post in an attempt
> to allow someone with experience to perhaps see what is wrong.
> It may be as simple as trying to use IRQ3, when it might actually
> be using IRQ3 for a serial device.  There is really only one
> serial port on my thinkpad 560, I have no idea why it tries to
> configure 2 of them. I have included below: (if more is needed I
> will comply ASAP)

> tty00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
> tty01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A

AFAIK your TP 560 has a IR port, this is one of two ports, the other is
the serial port.

Martin

--
If the box says 'Windows 95 or better', it should run on Linux, right?
                                                               - anonymous

For public PGP-key: finger mfluch@mathphys.fsk.uni-heidelberg.de