Re: begging.. .(Excluded IRQ3, using IRQ9 now, but still not OK)

On Sat, Oct 09, 1999 at 06:10:31PM -0700, John Miskinis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While waiting for my post to show up, I digged a little
> deeper, and found that irq3 was not being excluded by
> PCMCIA.  I excluded IRQ3 and IRQ5 (which it
> picked up sometimes, but states it is wrong) and it now
> uses IRQ9 like it does when running windows 95.
>
> The dmesg output is included below, and looks
> better, but I can still not access the /dev/sr0
> device, it says the special device does not
> exist when I try "mount /dev/sr0 /mnt".
On my slink system, /dev/sr0 is simply a link to /dev/scd0
Do /dev/sr0 and /dev/scd0 exist on your system?

If not, create the scdX devices with MAKEDEV, link sr0 to scd0 and try again.

I recall I had to manually create sr0, and I'm not sure about whether I had
to create the scdX devices.

HTH,

Wouter.