Re: DHCP problem....

I would add: if you want to be able to ping the machine just like you can windows
boxes then you'll need the Linux version of the software which makes this mechanism
(Lan Manager a.k.a. Windows Networking) work. This package is called samba and is
available as a couple different debian packages. Doing 'apt-get install samba' should
get you there. Note that you may need a script which will update /etc/hosts. I'm not
sure if the current dhcp package will do this and samba will not work otherwise.