Re: can I list just the directories, executables?

>>> alias ls='ls --color=tty'
>>
>> What is the equivalent of this under bash? I've implemented this alias on
my

>Well, this *is* bash :-)

 Doh! Sorry, didn't notice the '=', which I did not realize was the
 difference between bash and csh.

>Just stick the alias line into /etc/profile, that ensures everyone on
>your system sees it. (Do a "source /etc/profile" to get the settings
>in the xterm you currently are, if you don´t want to reboot. Rebooting
>makes it available to all xterms that are opened.)
>
>HTH,
>  Colin

 yes! thank you for your reply.

 Charles Lewis, Director of Administrative Computing
 Southwestern Adventist University, Keene, TX
 (817)556-4720  lewisc@swau.edu  FAX (360)397-7952