Thank You All! Re: What Port Does Ping Use?

      Thanks to you all for the tips on ping (ICMP)!  I don't
understand it well enough but will be reading more about it.
The problem here was solved (turned out to be a bind misconfig.
that was not a syntactic error, thus hard to find with all
the bind differences in doc. examples out there).

      DSL with one IP is running servers here, now, so the
documentation will begin.  ...need to add the other machines
here.   Thanks again, for all the help, and send any questions
about NAT for DSL access (for the Cisco 675) with one public
IP my way.  I'll be at the regular job intensely for the next
three or four days but will try to answer any such questions
or collaborate to find solutions as soon as possible.

Art