Can't get Gnus function properly.

I can't get Gnus 0.96 parse my spool mail (the standard one) at start up,
or even remove mail from it when respooling (other mbox file work however.

I also has some difficulties with mailing. I have a
'recursive aliases detected: genesis <- genesis' but can't find why.

Note: I have a ~/.lists_aliases file for mutt who has a
~genesis entry which point to genesis@cold.org but I can't find the
recursion in this, either why emacs will read it.

Here my .gnus file. I have a pretty lean .emacs file
and I use the latest Gnus and emacs 20 in debian
=>
GNU Emacs 20.4.2 (i386-debian-linux-gnu, X toolkit) of Sat Oct 30 1999 on raven
Pterodactyl Gnus v0.96

Thanks for any help.

Fabien Ninoles        Chevalier servant de la Dame Catherine des Rosiers
aka Corbeau aka le Veneur Gris               Debian GNU/Linux maintainer
E-mail:                                                    fab@tzone.org
WebPage:                                    http://www.tzone.org/~fabien
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70