Re: Apache-SSL: Can't get XBitHack to work.

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Christian Dysthe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to enable SSI using the XbitHack option. However, it won't
> work either from adding "XbitHack on" to config files or to add it in a
> ..htaccess file.
>
> I have another box running "standard" Apache. No such problems there.
>
> I am running Apache-SSL on a Debian Slink box.
>
> Any ideas what might be wrong, or is this simply a bug in Apache-SSL,
> or in the Debian version?

The needs for Server side includes is the following:

1. You need the

LoadModule includes_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_include.so

line in httpd.conf

2. Options for the directory must have Includes enabled in all cases.

If you want to enable Includes from the .htaccess then you also need
AllowOverride Options set for the directory in access.conf.

3. Furthermore,  either
    AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
or
    XBitHack on (or full)