ipmasq package

I have the ipmasq package installed, and am currently using it to provide
'net access for both my linux box and my windows box... my question is
whether anyone knows if this package sets up any kind of security for me in
terms of firewalling... I know that ipmasq-ing is a feature of ipchains and
ipfwhatever, but does ipmasq do anything other than set up the forwarding? I
tried looking through the set of "rules" that come with the package but
couldn't make much out... and if it doesn't (ie, if I need to set up more
security than comes with the default rules), any ideas on the best way to
implement additional security within this package's system?

Thanks,

Nick