Re: secure pop3 via ssh

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:38:08 -0200 (EDT)
Mario Olimpio de Menezes <mario@curiango.ipen.br> wrote:

> 	How can I set a secure pop3 server using ssh?  I read the
> man page for fetchmail and there is an example of a secure
> conection via ssh.  How do I implement the server?

Install the sshd (comes as part of SSH) on the server.  Hang the POP
server of /etc/inetd.conf (should happen automatically).  Make sure
that you are using TCP Wrappers (tcpd).  Add a line in
/etc/hosts.deny reading:

  <name of POP server>: all

Add a line to /etc/hosts.allow reading:

  <name of POP server>: localhost