Re: PLIP

> I'd like to connect two computer ( on both debian 2.1 ) with paralel cable
> using PLIP.

Fair enough.

> Should I give the command 'ifconfig ....' 'route ...' on both
> or on one computer?

'ifconfig' and 'route' needs to be run on both computers.  This is how I
remember doing plip (I've graduated to ethernet since then):

On one computer:
load plip modules
'ifconfig plip0 192.168.0.1 pointopoint 192.168.0.2 dev plip0'
'route add -host 192.168.0.2 dev plip0'

On the other computer:
load plip modules
'ifconfig plip0 192.168.0.2 pointopoint 192.168.0.1 dev plip0'
'route add -host 192.168.0.1 dev plip0'

Keep in mind, though, that it's been roughly two years since I've played
around with this, and that I've probably gotten something wrong.

> If it possible I'd like to use two directional traffic.

In that case, you'll be glad to hear that plip is bi-directional and only
bi-directional.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein