screen capture

Is there a Debianised program to capture the contents of a window to a BMP or
jpg file?  If so what package should I install?

If there is none, is it possible to get output from gnuplot in a saved form
other than Postscript?

I have some textual data files that have two fields on each line which
represent the X and Y values for a point to plot.  I have several files I
want to plot on the one graph.  This currently works well for Gnuplot when
run locally, but doesn't allow me to produce a decent web page...

--
Electronic information tampers with your soul.