Re: X-Windows keyboard control

>>>>> "wir95cgu" == wir95cgu  <wir95cgu@studserv.uni-leipzig.de> writes:

    wir95cgu> In X, Meta is bound to the "windows" key (between Ctrl
    wir95cgu> and Alt). If your keyboard doesn't have one, perhaps
    wir95cgu> changing your XkbModel from "pc104" to "pc102" in
    wir95cgu> /etc/X11/XF86Config would help (I have not tested that,
    wir95cgu> though).

In /etc/X11/XF86Config (on another computer), I see:

# To set the LeftAlt to Meta, RightAlt key to ModeShift,
# RightCtl key to Compose, and ScrollLock key to ModeLock:

    LeftAlt     Meta
    RightAlt    ModeShift
#    RightCtl    Compose
#    ScrollLock  ModeLock

Not tested yet, but I would be *very* surprised if this doesn't fix
my problem.

Anyone know what the bottom three options do?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>