Re: How to savely copy a disk?

I recently did something similar (although I didn't want all exactly equal for all partitions), and
found a mini-howto very useful.

But I don't know where I got it. I think I found it either through the www.google.com or www.alltheweb.com
search engines. I'll copy the first lines and contents here in case someone in the list needs to look for it and I'll
send you a copy in a small attachment.

+-+-+-+-+-+
                       Hard Disk Upgrade Mini How-To

By Yves Bellefeuille <yan@storm.ca>,
and Konrad Hinsen <hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr>

   v2.1, 20 October 1999

   How to copy a Linux system from one hard disk to another

   1. Install both disks on your system
   2. Unmount non-Linux partitions and network drives
   3. Partition the new disk
   4. Format the new disk
   5. Mount the new disk
   6. Copy the files from the old disk to the new disk
   7. Modify /new-disk/etc/fstab as appropriate
   8. Prepare LILO to boot the new disk
   9. Make a boot diskette (optional)
   10. Remove the old disk

--