Re: Debian 1.1beta problems

>> * Why do I automatically get an xterm coming up when I start X?  It
>> didn't happen with Slackware.
>
>This is the default for debian when you don't have your own
>~/.xsession.  /etc/X11/Xsession is where this happens.  If you have
>your own ~/.xsession then whatever's there will have control.

I created my own .xsession, but still got an xterm.  It seems that
_both_ /etc/X11/Xsession and ~/.xsession get run - is this right?
Does this mean that the only way to stop the xterm automatically
coming up is to edit /etc/X11/Xsession?

Thanks for your help,

Mark Phillips (mark@maths.flinders.edu.au)