Dselect database reset?

Is there some way to reset dselect so it knows what is currently
installed? The problem is that I de-selected some items that I didn't want
to remove. They had some dependency problems so I de-selected them too.
I didn't want to remove them so I cancled out of dselect. Now I want to
install something using dselect but I have the problem that dselect want
to remove the packages that I had previousley selected to be removed.

How do I get around this problem?

thanks,

- ricardo@calvin.net