Time Zone & mount points

Thanks for all the previous help, I'm pretty well on my way now.
I can actually do usefull work ;-}

I've got two small problems (w/my computer, we'll not go further...)
  *) How do I set the timezone appropriately?
     I noticed /etc/localtime was symlinked to a non-existant file
     And that /etc/timezone had that name as its contents
     --time run a thorough disk check...

  *) I've got /bin mounted seperately as r/o.  Now, I'd like to move
     /sbin there as well.  I assume that what I need to do is to mount
     a new directory (say /mnt/robins) and have /bin,/sbin directories
     therein and symlinked in root?

Richard Nelson