asmail

For some reason or another, asmail in the afterstep configuration does not
work when xdm is not loaded.  When using xdm, I can run asmail manually
and everything works fine.. I don't know why it won't work in the wharf
module though in xdm.. anyone have this problem?  Heres what's in my
default afterstep rc file:

*Wharf - - Swallow Exec "asmail" asmail /etc/X11/afterstep/system.asmailrc
 -geometry 45x45-1-1 &

-Paul