Re: mutt - new mail feature?

On Sat, May 02, 1998 at 02:21:17PM -0400, wrl@gandalf.wconsult.com wrote:
> 'From Bill Leach <bleach@bellsouth.net>'
>
> I don't know if I just plain don't understand what the docs are saying
> or ...
>
> I use procmail to sort & 'deliver' mail to mailbox folders in directories
> called ~/Mail & ~/Mail/Debian.
>
> This works 'just dandy', and with mutt I can read the mail (psudo-threaded
> for mailing lists).

Actually, mutt does real threading.  =>

> Only, mutt opens on /var/spool/mail/<user> which usually is empty and I
> have to do a 'c', '?', <select with cursor key> to one of the mailboxs
> that actually contain the mail.

For my inbox, a Maildir called INBOX in ~/.folders (which one day I will
change to .mail, but anyway) here's what I have in .muttrc:

set folder=~/.folders           # where I keep my mailboxes
set spoolfile='+INBOX'  # where my new mail is located

> The docs indicate that I should be able to just press the TAB key and
> go to mailboxes containing new mail...

The docs lie, press c (I think that's your binding isn't it?) and it'll pop
up the next box with new mail in it.  I -WISH- tab worked like that though!

> Anyone know what I am missing about this?

set spoolfile above.