Re: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: James A. Bates <beckster@ballistic.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Date: Tuesday, 5 May 1998 14:27
Subject: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello there,

   I'm giving serious consideration to installing Debian. I've found some great FAQs and HOW-TOs on installing, but I can't seem to find anything on WHAT I need to install. What packages do I absolutely need? What do I need for X Windows? The Internet? I'm confused. I'd appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks,
James

Start with the following :

Particularly the section "Methods for Installing Debian"

Also grab the dselect guide (there is a link to it from the above).  Dselect will help you in regard to what other files you will need after the basic installation (ie minimum files required by X etc)

If you have any specific questions after you have read the above, fire away.

Regards,

Paul Guidera