Re: Tom's Unix on a Floppy

On Thu, 7 May 1998, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> On Thu, 7 May 1998, Michael Beattie wrote:
>
> : On Wed, 6 May 1998, Stephen Carpenter wrote:
> :
> : > Um lets see....
> : > th efilename is tomsrtbt-1.1.4.38.tar.gz
> : > I have found that the most usefull tool in the web is AltaVista search engine ...
> : > put in the filename you are looking for and...
>
> Totally off topic, but if you know the filename, or something close to
> it, you can use FTP Search at http://ftpsearch.ntnu.no/
>
> Hope someone finds this useful :)

Bookmarked :)

hehe.... Totally back on this topic..

I got this particular utility, and tried to install/create it, but I
cannot get it to work, the problem revolves around /dev/fd0H1722 not
being a valid device etc... even after being created... I have a resonably
new motherboard, and a very new floppy drive. Any ideas? I can read ye
old microsloth DMF disks.

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)