Re: slrn question

On Sat, 30 May 1998 timothy@smasher.rs.itd.umich.edu wrote:

> Hi! I just installed slrn,
>         I am doing "slrn -f .newsrc -create" to get the list of groups from my
> news server. After getting afew hundred kilobytes, it says the connection to the
> server has been lost and stops. (I have a pretty slow ppp link).
>         So, Is there any way I can get it to resume downloading of groups?
> Because it never gets all the groups before giving up.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Timothy
>
> PS: If not, is there any other newsreader that will resume downloading groups?

I've had the same experience.  I don't know what can be done about it with slrn
but in my case my ISP has a complete list of the newsgroups in various formats,
so you can download the whole thing in compressed form and unpack it.

You'd probably be better off posting this query to news.software.readers.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell	   Using Linux - Windows-free zone
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk