dselect contrib packages on CD

I have the cheapbytes CD set.  Contrib is on a separate CD from base
(all debian 2.0 cd's are like that).  If I use the CD access method in
deselect I'll have to answer 'none' for the main selections since I
won't have that cd mounted (only one drive).  If I do this and then
use UPDATE, won't this screw up the database?  How can I install
packages from contrib without main mounted? (since a contrib package
might require a main package which is not yet installed, and not
available because that cd is not mounted).  Or can I just use dpkg -i
for the desired contrib pacakge. (For example, I want to install LyX).

Thanks in advance for help here.